Changes in consumer behavior, led by millennials, and the influence of technology on our everyday life are impacting how food and beverage manufacturers and retailers will do business in the future. Now industry players are faced with the question, what will meals look like 10 years from now?
Symrise embarked on a quest to answer this question. Between primary and secondary research, surveys with millennials, interviews with experts like Ramin Ganeshram and forecasting workshops, we’ve concluded on actionable foresights that enable your brands to address the future.
Our Future of Meals initiative is constructed by 5 innovation platforms:
1. FLEXITARIAN WAY OF LIVING: Millennials will not be tied down to particular labels when it comes to eating. They will chose to eat what they want, when they want to fulfill their beliefs. That may include eating less meat to help the environment and better their health or it could mean eating a product that is more sustainable because it reduces food waste or betters the producer’s quality of life.
2. KEEP INDIVIDUALITY WITHIN A COMMUNITY: Millennials want to be different, but they also want to find people who are like-minded to rally around specific products, ingredients, flavors, ideals and beliefs. It’s all about the craft movement, and the passion that goes into creating food products that differentiate themselves from the crowd through high quality ingredients, hand craftsmanship, bold flavors and new twists on classic ideas.
3. NEW WAYS OF BRANDING THEMSELVES: This is all about going beyond fashion, tattoos and social media for branding. It’s about branding yourself through food; creating a persona that other’s see based on your food choices, whether it’s new experimental food or food that is helping to save the world.
4. BIG DATA: This is all about using technology to improve way of life through eating the healthiest, curated and efficient meals, ingredients and snacks. It’s about letting technology guide consumers to a better life through targeted eating. It helps make life more convenient, easy and efficient. This is also about tailoring food to consumers’ needs. Whether it is a health issue or psychological problem, big data and technology can target food to help consumers.
5. INTENSE EXPERIENCES AT HOME: This is all about using technology to improve way of life through eating the healthiest, curated and efficient meals, ingredients and snacks. It’s about letting technology guide consumers to a better life through targeted eating. It helps make life more convenient, easy, efficient and tailoring food to consumers’ needs. Whether it is a health issue or psychological problem, big data and technology can target food to help consumers.
Watch the video below to learn more!
Are your brands ready for the future? Join Symrise as we venture into the future of meals and snacks for your brands. Reach out to learn more about the 5 innovation platforms for the Future of Meals, CLICK HERE!
Join your peers today!
Get the latest articles, news and trends in the Food & Beverage industry delivered directly to your inbox. Don't miss out! Enter your email address below to receive the weekly in-sight newsletter.