It’s been an exciting time with the Symrise North America Ice Cream Flavor Madness Bracket! We have now completed the first and second round, eliminating 48 teams and leaving us with the Super Sweet 16. If you are just joining us, refer to our introductory article for rules and field of flavors. Otherwise let’s continue below to our in-game analysis.
Natural Goodness Region
The overall two seed and Natural Goodness Region #1 seed Vanilla had high hopes for the Ice Cream Flavor Bracket and carries those hopes forward as #1 Vanilla defeats #8 Mixed Berry. The 10,000 consumers are surging Vanilla forward as #5 Vanilla Caramel beats #4 Tiramisu in a close battle! Vanilla is the star of the tournament thus far! Did you know Vanilla ice cream is on trend in India and here in America, Vanilla ice cream is a top 2 seller every year. For people all over the world, Vanilla triggers emotional connections and memories, here at Symrise we use our deep knowledge of Vanilla with our consumer insights expertise insights to help inspire innovative ice cream concepts.
Premium Indulgence Region
Within Premium Indulgence we see a lot of crunchy add-ons, bakery inspired flavors and liquid fillings for a textural experience – look for those flavors to do well in the bracket.
• #9 Peanut Butter Caramel Pretzel upsets overall #1 Chocolate by a slim 40 votes
• #7 Chocolate Fudge Brownie upsets #2 Vanilla Bean
• #6 Raspberry upsets #3 Mango
• #5 Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel crushes underdog #13 Churro by 70% to 30% votes
Healthy Lifestyle Region
The excitement of #15 Pineapple Coconut proved to be too much for #7 Hazelnut as this Cinderella story moves on to face #6 S’mores in the next round.
• #4 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough beat #5 Pistachio by less than 60 votes this continues our trend of bakery flavors crossing over into ice cream
• #1 Cookies & Cream dominates #8 Dark Chocolate (will face # 4 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough next)
Emotional Discoveries Region
Continuing with our bakery and dessert inspired ice cream flavors we saw #6 Strawberry Cheesecake and #12 Raspberry Cheesecake both advance against #3 Peanut Butter and #5 Coconut respectively.
• #1 Strawberry defeats #8 Vanilla Rainbow Sprinkle
• #2 Mint Chocolate is too much for #7 Birthday Cake
• #4 Rocky Road cruises past #13 Mango Chipotle
Those are all the games for this week. Please CLICK HERE for the updated Symrise Ice Cream Flavor Madness Bracket.
Continue with this series, The Super Sweet 16: Ice Cream Flavor Madness 2020.
Join your peers today!
Get the latest articles, news and trends in the Food & Beverage industry delivered directly to your inbox. Don't miss out! Enter your email address below to receive the weekly in-sight newsletter.
As we enter a re-opening phase in the wake of COVID-19, we also enter a new...
Trends may be the single most important driver in the food and beverage industry...