The Minnesota State Fair has always been a beloved tradition for locals and visitors alike, offering a delightful blend of agriculture, entertainment, and culinary adventures. As we step into 2023, the fair has once again lived up to its reputation for innovation and excitement, showcasing a host of new trends that have captured the hearts and appetites of fairgoers. Let's take a closer look at some of the standout trends at this year's Minnesota State Fair.
From sweet confections that will satisfy your sweet tooth to savory creations that will tantalize your taste buds, and not to forget the refreshing beverages- a flavorful and thirst-quenching adventure!
Minnesota's craft beverage scene has been thriving, and the state fair recognized this by featuring a wide variety of local craft beers, ciders, and spirits. Attendees had the opportunity to sample unique and small-batch libations, elevating their fair experience with refreshing and distinctive flavors. Below are some of the top drinks we sampled!
Spinning Wylde Cotton Candy Cafe
Cloud Coolers at Spinning Wylde
Three flavor choices of lemonade served with a cotton candy cloud spun onto the drinking straw:
- Summer Strawberry – strawberry lemonade topped with strawberry fields cotton candy
- Happy Huckleberry – huckleberry lemonade topped with blackberry jam cotton candy
- Flower Power – violet lemonade topped with lavender love cotton candy.
‘Kind of a Big Dill’ Pickle Lemonade at Nordic Waffles
- Lemonade mixed with tangy dill
Jam’nades at Jammy Sammies by BRIM
- Two varieties — blueberry mint and strawberry jalapeño.
- Organic lemonade infused with locally made jams. Served with a boba tea straw (vegan and gluten-free).
Indulgence is the name of the game when it comes to sweets at the 2023 Minnesota State Fair. From classics that evoke nostalgia to innovative creations that push the boundaries of flavor, the fair had a sweet surprise for every palate. We definitely wanted seconds of these treats!
Blue Moon Dine-In Theater
Irish Butter Ice Cream over Brown Sugar Cinnamon Toast at Blue Moon Dine-In Theater
- Irish Butter Ice Cream Over Brown Sugar Cinnamon Toast.
LuLu’s Public House
Fruity Cereal Milk Biscuit LuLu’s Public House
A Betty and Earl’s biscuit made with fruity cereal milk and cereal bits, drizzled with icing flavored with fruity cereal and topped.
And the fair has once again outdone itself in offering a mouthwatering array of savory dishes that range from the comforting to the boldly creative.
Al Taco Baba at Baba’s
- Hummus, harissa barbacoa, corn, queso fresco, chili dust, shatta (hot sauce), crema, cilantro, and pita puffs.
Giggles Campfire Grill
Walleye Fritter Pops
- Smoked walleye mixed with a blend of cheese, dill pickle relish, fresh garlic and spices, rolled in panko breadcrumbs and deep-fried.
- Served on a stick with a side of comeback sauce and a lemon slice.
We hope you've enjoyed this tantalizing glimpse into the fair's culinary and beverage wonders. From the sweetest treats to the heartiest savory dishes and the most refreshing drinks, the fair has once again proven itself as a food lover's paradise. While this year's fair might be over, its spirit of community, deliciousness, and innovation lives on. Thank you for sharing the excitement and flavors of the 2023 Minnesota State Fair with us!
To learn more about our products and insights, get in touch with our team at Symrise today, Contact us here!